| ||1½ || lb. veal cutlets |
| ||½ || cup flour |
| ||1 || egg, beaten |
| ||1 || cup finely ground breadcrumbs |
| ||~ || Salt and pepper to taste |
| ||6 || Tbsp. butter |
| ||1 || lemon |
- Pound each cutlet thin between two pieces of waxed paper.
- Place the flour in a flat dish or plate large enough to hold a cutlet. Place the beaten egg in another dish and the breadcrumbs in a third dish. Season each with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the cutlets in the flour, then dip them in the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs until thinly but thoroughly coated. Place each coated cutlet on a waxed-paper-covered platter and place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet. When sizzling, brown the cutlets quickly on each side until golden. Remove to a platter.
- Melt the remaining 2 Tablespoons butter in the skillet. Squeeze the lemon into the butter, stir, and pour over the cutlets.
The accidental foodie
Copyright @ 1999 Broadway Books