| ||3 || (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, at room temperature |
| ||5 || eggs |
| ||1 || cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar |
| ||¼ || tsp. salt |
| ||¾ || tsp. almond extract |
| ||1½ || cups sour cream |
| ||½ || tsp. vanilla or lemon extract |
| ||~ || Unsweetened chocolate, shaved or grated |
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform cake pan.
- Beat the cream cheese in an electric mixer or with a wooden spoon until softened. Add the eggs, 1 cup sugar, salt, and almond extract. Beat until smooth and thick.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a cake rack for 20 minutes (the top will crack).
- Mix together the 2 tablespoons sugar, sour cream, and vanilla or lemon extract. Pour over the cooled cake.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Cool, then chill in the refrigerator.
- To serve, remove the side of the pan, put the cake on a plate, and top with shaved or grated chocolate.
Copyright @ 1980 Junior League of Eugene