If you’ve wanted to eat like it matters, but felt you couldn’t afford it, Wildly Affordable Organic is for you. It’s easy to think that “organic” is a code word for “expensive,” but it doesn’t have to be. With these ingenious cooking plans and healthy, satisfying recipes, Linda Watson reveals the incredible secret of how you can eat well every day — from blueberry pancakes for breakfast to peach pie for dessert — averaging less than two dollars a meal.
You’ll discover how to:
• Ease your family into a greener lifestyle with the 20-minute starter plan
• Go organic on just $5 a day — or go thrifty and spend even less
• Take advantage of your freezer and freeze your costs
• Find the best deals at your local farmers’ market or grocery store
• Cook easy, scrumptious, seasonal dishes from scratch
Packed with tips for streamlining meals, from shopping and cooking to washing dishes, this book shows how sustainable living is within everyone’s reach. Slow global warming with delicious dinners? Lose weight, save money, and save the polar bears at the same time? When you live the Wildly Affordable Organic way, it is possible! Join the movement to change the way you eat — and keep the change.
Writing about flavor can challenge even the most practiced wordsmiths.
The exuberant Israeli chef
Try quinoa, amaranth, millet, and sorghum
Velvety, earthy, and confident
How to live like Julia Child