| ||2 || cups zucchini, grated and loosely packed |
| ||2 || Tbsp. ground flax seeds (also known as flax meal) |
| ||~ || Juice and zest of 1 lemon |
| ||1½ || cups spelt flour |
| ||1 || Tbsp. cinnamon |
| ||1 || tsp. soda |
| ||1 || tsp. baking powder |
| ||⅓ || cup brown sugar |
| ||½ || cup soy milk |
| ||4 || Tbsp. canola or coconut oil |
| ||3 || Tbsp. agave |
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-inch-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the grated zucchini, flax meal, and grated lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the spelt flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and brown sugar. Mix into the zucchini.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy milk and lemon juice. (The mixture will curdle; don’t fret.) Add the oil and agave.
- Gently mix the wet ingredients into the zucchini mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
A definitive vegan zucchini bread