Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 3 - 4
* 250 grams, penne rigate
* 1 cup homemade Marinara Sauce (tomato sauce)
* 200 grams small whole button mushrooms
* 3 tbsp garlicky olive oil
* 2 cloves roasted garlic
* Salt and freshly grated black pepper
* ½ cup cilantro (fresh coriander), finely chopped
#1 Heat water, add salt and boil pasta for about ten minutes or according to package instructions.
#2 Heat the olive oil taken from the roasted garlic together with roasted garlic and crush them with a spoon. Add the mushrooms, season them with salt and pepper and sauté on both sides for 2 – 3 minutes.
#3 Strain pasta and warm marinara sauce in the same pot.
Add the pasta and mushrooms and mix.
#4 Cook for 1 more minute, remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
Serve with more cilantro and freshly grated black pepper on top.
A father’s legacy
The vegetarian-cooking pioneer
Barbecue, tamales, cocktails, and more
Good on everything