| ||1 || ear fresh corn, shucked |
| ||2 || medium vine-ripened tomatoes, diced |
| ||2 || Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil |
| ||~ || Juice of 1 lemon |
| ||1 || garlic clove, minced |
| ||½ || cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves for garnish |
| ||~ || Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste |
| ||8 || oz. wild or local scallops |
- Prepare the grill.
- Cook the ear of corn in boiling water, about 8 to 10 minutes. Allow the corn to cool and cut the kernels off the cob. Place in a bowl with the diced tomatoes.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and basil, and blend until smooth. Pour ¾ of the mixture into the corn-and-tomato mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Divide the corn-tomato mixture between 2 plates and place the scallops on top. Drizzle the plates with remaining basil oil and sprinkle extra basil pieces (torn into small pieces or cut into a chiffonade) on top.
- Serve with grilled zucchini, asparagus, potatoes, or other summertime vegetables.
Grilling gets greener