Prep Time is 11 minutes
Bake Time is 30 minutes
I love muffins and I love diving into a fresh batch. I have a warm spot in my heart for bananas as they may be one of the worlds most perfect foods. I also love pecans!
• 2 cups Organic All-Purpose Flour
• ¾ cup Organic Oatmeal
• 1 cup Brown Sugar
• 1 tsp Salt
• ½ tsp Baking Soda
• 2 Eggs (beaten)
• 6 tbsp Oil
• 5 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 cup Organic Milk
• ½ cup Organic Banana (mashed)
• 1/3 cup Organic Pecans (chopped)
• Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and baking soda together in a mixing bowl.
• Add the remainder of the ingredients and beat hard until well mixed.
• Transfer the batter into medium-sized buttered muffin bowls, about 2/3 filled.
• Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
• Let sit for 5 minutes but serve as soon as possible.
Continue reading Fresh Baked Muffins - Banana and Pecan »
I made this for Thanksgiving in 2012 and needless to say it was well received. This Pecan Caramel Pumpkin pie recipe has a delicate blend of spice and a balanced texture that tastes so good. It’s the perfect pie for a holiday dessert!
2 eggs slightly beaten
15 ounces of organic pumpkin
1/2 cup California pecans
1/4 cup organic light cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose organic flour
1/2 cup raw brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground Jamaican pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons softened sea salt butter
1 pie crust from your own recipe
Continue reading Pecan Caramel Pumpkin Pie! »
Most of the time with cooking and eating, the rules are clear.
A father’s legacy
The vegetarian-cooking pioneer
Barbecue, tamales, cocktails, and more
Good on everything